How long does a dental implant last?
A dental implant can last a lifetime if taken care of and maintenance is taken as prescribed by the dentist. Our technicians, in their years of practice, have had a success rate of 99.6%. The failures are majorly due to inaccurate case selection or ineffective sterilization at the dentist’s end or incorrect oral health maintenance at the patient’s end. However, we are pretty sure that our dentists are skilled in using the instruments well. So the chance of a mistake from our side is minimal; all you need to do is maintain hygienic oral care.
A replacement of a tooth with a dental implant is as suitable as having a natural tooth. Thus, maintenance and regular follow-up are essential for the implant to last forever. The life of Dental Implants is influenced by a variety of factors, such as:
- Visit the dentist every three months for regular check-ups.
- Maintain basic teeth hygiene such as brushing, flossing, mouth washing.
- Avoiding chewing or biting solid items, like pen tips or pencils, and do not open things with your teeth.
- Choose your dentist skillfully who is a professional at placing your dental implant.
- Implants located at the back of the mouth will suffer more force due to chewing compared to the implants on the front tooth. Thus the implant at the back of the mouth is more likely to fail than those at the front.
- Usually, the titanium support may last almost a lifetime, while the crown (revealed part) may serve about 15 to 25 years regarding the care and preservation it receives.
We at Teeth Care Multispeciality Dental Clinic take the responsibility of a successful dental implant with the conditions we mention. Do visit our website dentalclinickolkata.in for further details. We have a team of the best Dentists in Kolkata who can cure your problems related to teeth issues.